Skagit Habitat for Humanity is committed to maintaining your personal privacy when accessing our website. We do not sell, exchange, rent or trade your personal information with any other organizations (public or private). Skagit Habitat does not collect your personal information when you visit our website unless you voluntarily provide such personal information.
The policy notice is to assist you in understanding how we collect, use, and protect the personal information you provide. It is designed to assist you in understanding what choices are available regarding the use of your data as well as clarifying the security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information. It also identifies how you may correct any errors in the information collected. The privacy notice will be reviewed and updated as required to align with Skagit Habitat for Humanity practices, technology, the requirements of the users and federal and state legal changes.
How is your information used?
Skagit Habitat for Humanity are the owners of the information collected on this website. We only collect and retain information that you voluntarily give us via email, web forms you filled out or forms provided directly by you. We do not sell, exchange, rent or trade your personal information with any other organizations (public or private).
- We will use your information to respond to you. If applicable, we may share your information to fulfill your request to send information/products to you – e.g., to ship an order.
- We may occasionally provide aggregate data regarding activity on our website, about our customers, to reputable third parties however this information will not include any personal information.
- We may disclose information when legally compelled to or when we, in good faith, believe the law requires it of for the protection of our legal rights.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Managing contact and your information.
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time:
- Confirm what information we have about you.
- Change/correct any information we have including email, mailing addresses and phone numbers.
- Opt-out of any or all future contact from us.
- Request and confirm we delete any information we have about you.
- Report any concerns you have about our use of your information.
Skagit Habitat for Humanity
Attn: Accounting Department
1022 Riverside Dr
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
Security of your data
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, Skagit Habitat for Humanity has put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. All pages are encrypted and protected with the following software 128 Bit encryption on SSL. When you are on a secure page, a lock icon will appear on browsers.
Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
What type of information is collected?
The personal information we collect may include your name, address, email address, IP address, phone number, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when. When you make a donation or purchase from, the payment transaction takes place on the credit card processor’s encrypted website. As such, your card information is not held by us, it is collected and processed by the credit card processor.
Other types of information we may collect via third parties:
- IP Address: Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address may be logged automatically in our server log files whenever you access the Services, along with the time of the visit and the pages visited. Collecting IP addresses is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems and administering the Services. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- Using pixel tags and similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Services to, among other things, track the actions of users (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about use of the Services and response rates.
Links to other websites
Who has access to your information?
We do not share information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete an order. We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties. We will not sell or rent your information to third parties. We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Finally, we never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
Review of this policy
This Policy was last updated on March 28, 2022
Questions about our policy or need to request assistance?