You are the key to affordable housing.
Why Donate to Skagit Habitat?
Affordable housing makes a difference:
- An affordable house helps families by freeing them from physical and mental hardships and placing them on a path of new opportunity and increased confidence and self-reliance.
- Housing can powerfully affect a child’s ability to thrive. Studies show that kids who live in safe, affordable homes are healthier, happier, and perform better in school.
- For children, frequent or unplanned moves will often negatively impact achievement. A home provides a secure environment and adequate space to study and think. Better lighting, room for a small desk, a parent’s ability to devote time to helping with homework.
- Putting down roots, and investing in communities helps entire neighborhoods grow and become safer for our community.
- A safe place to live can have a significant impact on a family’s health. According to the World Health Organization, families without decent housing face greater personal risk, are less nourished and have less access to health care.
- Adults in stable and affordable housing are more likely to invest in education for themselves — bolstering job opportunities, long-term career growth, social mobility and finances that can help lift an entire family.