Explore our volunteer opportunities!
Store | Construction | Committee | Community Service
The Skagit Habitat Store
Opening in 2009, our Store sells donated new and used furniture, appliances, housewares, and building supplies to the public. The Store is one of our largest funding sources, as its net proceeds help our organization build more affordable homes in Skagit County. As a Store volunteer, you can help with:
- Greeting customers
- Cleaning/prepping/sorting donated items
- Pricing our inventory
- Stocking and selling donated items
- Helping customers load purchased items in their vehicle
- Appliance testing
- Gas engine testing, repair, and analysis
- Ride in the truck and help with community pickups
Our construction volunteers work alongside our future Habitat Homebuyers to help build their Habitat homes. No prior experience is needed, as we have on-site supervisors to provide hands-on training!
NOTE: If you have a particular skill such as a licensed electrician, plumber, drywall finisher, heavy equipment operator, roofer, or carpet and flooring installer, please consider lending us your expertise on the build site. For more information or to provide in-kind services/materials please contact Cammie.
Skagit Habitat committee members are community leaders passionate about serving Skagit County and furthering our mission. Our current committees include:
- Board of Directors
- Homebuyer Support
- Homebuyer Selection
Affiliate Volunteer Opportunities
What types of tasks interest you most? There are numerous ways to contribute to our organization!
- Office Support
- translation support
- social media
- Event Support
- setting up & breaking down
- directing traffic & parking
- Specialty skills
- Educational classes for Homebuyers
- Providing snacks and treats for other volunteers